en - Re: [sympa-users] Sender address spoofing prevention for SYMPA server

  • From: Kazim Koybasi <address@concealed>
  • To: Alan Hicks <address@concealed>
  • Cc: address@concealed
  • Subject: Re: [sympa-users] Sender address spoofing prevention for SYMPA server
  • Date: Thu, 26 Aug 2021 18:41:15 +0300

Hi,

Thank you for sharing your experience Alan. I am a little confused about SYMPA DMARC support. SYMPA documentation mostly mentions overcoming dmarc issues with global mail providers ( Yahoo, AOL , Gmail, Hotmail ). As I understand from documentation DMARC protection in SYMPA does not provide spoofing protection for spammers. It only provides workarounds for global mail providers which have DMARC p=reject like records.  It seems the only protection for spoofing is dkim authentication verification in the lists. Maybe I am wrong but I only want to learn how I can implement complete DMARC protection in the meaning of spoofing prevention spammers? For example, how can I stop invalid SPF and DKIM senders with SYMPA and valid DMARC records?

Regards.