en - [sympa-users] MySQL v8 and Sympa

  • From: Tim Ross <address@concealed>
  • To: "address@concealed" <address@concealed>
  • Subject: [sympa-users] MySQL v8 and Sympa
  • Date: Thu, 27 May 2021 14:19:24 +0000

Hi,

Our database team is currently upgrading our campus MySQL databases to version 8.  I am in the process of upgrading our Sympa servers to the latest version (6.2.62).  Does anyone know if Sympa has any issues with MySQL v8?

We upgraded MySQL to v8 in our Dev environment with Sympa v6.2.44.  On startup the health check spits out 10-15 warnings because the format of the field type changed slightly (e.g. "int(11)" changed to "int").  It doesn't appear to cause any issues, and we were able to clear those errors by modifying the 'DatabaseDescription.pm' module.

There were a couple other minor warnings in the startup check that didn't appear to cause issues from our initial testing.

Anyone else know of anything to watch for, or any problems with using MySQL v8 with Sympa v6.2.44 or newer?

Thanks,

Tim Ross

Application Administrator
ITS-ADIM-Delivery

  • [sympa-users] MySQL v8 and Sympa, Tim Ross, 05/27/2021