en - Re: [sympa-users] [External] Re: Members removed from sublists (list inclusion) still subscribed to the parent list

  • From: "Silvers, Tim" <address@concealed>
  • To: Olivier Salaün <address@concealed>, "address@concealed" <address@concealed>
  • Subject: Re: [sympa-users] [External] Re: Members removed from sublists (list inclusion) still subscribed to the parent list
  • Date: Tue, 13 Apr 2021 14:40:14 +0000

Perhaps related. Although, our situation seems a bit different. In our case, the included source (i.e., the other Sympa list) is still configured for the parent/main list. The bug seems to describe a case where the included source is removed entirely, yet the included source’s members remain on the parent/main list, which is still unexpected behavior in my opinion. In our case, the included source remains on the parent/main list, but changes to the source aren’t reflected, as the member is removed from the included source list, yet that member still appears in the members list of the parent/main Sympa list. To illustrate:

List A

Member 1

Member 2

Member 3

Member 4 (from List B)

Member 5 (from List B)

Member 6 (from List B)

List B (included as sublist of List A)

Member 4

Member 5

Member 6

Member 6 is removed from List B. So, List B no longer has Member 6 as a member/subscriber. Yet, the member is still on List A.

List A (After Member 6 removed from List B)

Member 1

Member 2

Member 3

Member 4 (from List B)

Member 5 (from List B)

Member 6 (from List B)  ## Should NOT be a member any longer; no longer a member of List B.

Tim