en - Re: [sympa-users] how to install SSL cert

  • From: Matthew Caron <address@concealed>
  • To: address@concealed
  • Subject: Re: [sympa-users] how to install SSL cert
  • Date: Mon, 22 Mar 2021 10:30:35 -0400

I had a slightly different problem (Apache fighting over ports with certbot) and my solution might work for you...

1.) Stop Apache
2.) Get the certs by running certbot in standalone mode.
3.) Configure Apache to use the cert.
4.) Start Apache

At night, something like 1AM, I drop Apache really quickly, run the renew, then start it again. My server is low volume enough and users are mostly centralized on the US east coast that no one cares.

Perhaps this will work for you and allow you to sidestep the problem? It's a cheat, but I'm lazy and only care when caring is justified.