en - Re: [sympa-users] configure mail server

  • From: "Stefan Hornburg (Racke)" <address@concealed>
  • To: address@concealed
  • Subject: Re: [sympa-users] configure mail server
  • Date: Tue, 9 Mar 2021 20:50:29 +0100

On 3/9/21 8:22 PM, Luis Manzi wrote:
> Hi Guys

Hello Luis,

> I’ve already configured sendmail to send emails using AWS SES.
>
> I’ve already set lists.mydomain.com as domain to send emails and
> address@concealed
> <mailto:address@concealed> as email address to “from” field.
>

> Now I’m trying to figure out how should I configure sympa with sendmail.
>
> Looking at
> https://github.com/sympa-community/sympa-community.github.io/blob/master/manual/install/configure-mail-server-sendmail.md
>
> <https://github.com/sympa-community/sympa-community.github.io/blob/master/manual/install/configure-mail-server-sendmail.md>
>
> 2.Edit sendmail.cf (Note: replace |$SYSCONFDIR|
> <https://github.com/sympa-community/sympa-community.github.io/blob/master/manual/layout.md#sysconfdir>
>  and |$SENDMAIL_ALIASES|
> <https://github.com/sympa-community/sympa-community.github.io/blob/master/manual/layout.md#sendmail_aliases>
>  below):
>

> |O AliasFile=$SYSCONFDIR/aliases.sympa.sendmail|
>
> |O AliasFile=$SENDMAIL_ALIASES|
>

> Both lines, on what place of sendmail.cf file should be added?

Sorry, I'm not familiar with sendmail (any more).

> 4. Create empty $SENDMAIL_ALIASES
> <https://github.com/sympa-community/sympa-community.github.io/blob/master/manual/layout.md#sendmail_aliases>
>  file (Note:
> replace $SENDMAIL_ALIASES
> <https://github.com/sympa-community/sympa-community.github.io/blob/master/manual/layout.md#sendmail_aliases>
>  below):
>
> touch $SENDMAIL_ALIASES
>
> chmod 640 $SENDMAIL_ALIASES
>
> chown sympa:sympa $SENDMAIL_ALIASES
>

> $SENDMAD_ALIASES file, where should be created? In same location that
> /etc/sympa/aliases.sympa.sendmail?
>

> Finally,
>
> then create alias databases:
>
> # newaliases
>

> I understood that on new $SENDMAIL_ALIASES I should add some email
> aliases…but I do not know what is that 😊Could you
> please give me a hand on this? Maybe some samples?

The exact location of the variables like $SENDMAIL_ALIASES depends on the
Linux distribution and installation method.
Refer to https://sympa-community.github.io/manual/layout.html for more
information.

$SENDMAIL_ALIASES is used for the list aliases, which Sympa updates whenever
a list is added or removed.

Regards
Racke

> Thanks!
>

> Luis
>

> * *

Debian and Sympa administration. Provisioning with Ansible.