en - Re: [sympa-users] Official Docker for Sympa?

  • From: "Stefan Hornburg (Racke)" <address@concealed>
  • To: address@concealed
  • Subject: Re: [sympa-users] Official Docker for Sympa?
  • Date: Fri, 5 Mar 2021 09:32:32 +0100

On 3/3/21 8:24 PM, Tom Fillmore wrote:
> Hi, all -
>
> I hope everyone is safe and well...  :)
>
> I've looked for one but cannot find an 'official' docker image for Sympa.
> Does one exist?  If not is one in the works?
> I think this would make upgrading a lot easier.
>
> Thanks!
>
> Tom Fillmore
> southern California
>

> The earth is but one country and mankind its citizens...
> /- Baha'u'llah/

Hello Tom,

I started a project for providing a Docker image for Sympa, but didn't have
time for it in the past months.

Complexity is quite high as we have to put both the local MTA and Sympa
itself in the Docker image, manage
connecting to the database etc.

One of the prerequisites would be to have Sympa to cope with multiple
configuration files or at least
recognize environment variables to override the settings in sympa.conf.

My feeling is we should start with a VM image which contains all components
on board, that seems quite
doable in comparison with a Docker container.

Any support on such a project would be appreciated :-).

Regards
Racke

Debian and Sympa administration. Provisioning with Ansible.