en - [sympa-users] Inclusion by SQL of email, name and no mail

  • From: address@concealed
  • To: address@concealed
  • Subject: [sympa-users] Inclusion by SQL of email, name and no mail
  • Date: Wed, 03 Feb 2021 23:47:24 +0100

Hello,

I wonder if it is possible to include users from an external SQL source
with email, name and mail option (i.e. no mail). The external source
contains users that access the list with two or more email adresses. I
would like to include the secondary email adresses as users with "no
mail" enabled so that they can send from that address but don't receive
emails twice.

In an old system I am using a query to get just the email adresses,
something like

SELECT email FROM external_source

as I understand it is also possible to include the names like

SELECT email, name FROM external_source

is it possible to do this for the mailing parameter as well?

I don't really understand the querying custom attributes. Could that
help in this case?

regards,

Christoph Holtermann