en - Re: [sympa-users] Do you care about the future of sympa?

  • From: "Stefan Hornburg (Racke)" <address@concealed>
  • To: address@concealed
  • Subject: Re: [sympa-users] Do you care about the future of sympa?
  • Date: Wed, 9 Dec 2020 11:27:54 +0100

On 12/9/20 10:59 AM, Marc Chantreux wrote:
> hello people,
>
> If you do, please read and comment this issue.
>
> https://github.com/orgs/sympa-community/teams/everyone/discussions/19
>
> Some developpers of the sympa project still take care of what
> i think is the largest part of the community: people who can't
> afford some kind of rolling release with bugs everywhere and
> no real beta testing program. They need *your* support and it
> will take you less time than fixing your site at the next release!
>
> Once again, someone is asking for the current release manager
> to understand that "stable branch" is meant to be stable.
>
> Once again, someone is brave enought to propose semantic
> versionning (the way we decided at the 20th birthday hackathon).
> Most of the proposals of this hackathons are dead and buried
> because the current release manager made everyone run away
> from endless threads without open mind.
>
> regards,
> marc

Do you really think that kind of biased post is helpful for the future of
Sympa?

There are definitely beta releases, but I don't think people are actual
testing it.

So the community is responsible as well for bugs which appear in the actual
release .. me included.

And certainly Soji doesn't deserve to be blamed as project manager.

He does a good job.

Regards
Racke

Debian and Sympa administration. Provisioning with Ansible.