en - [sympa-users] Dear Sympa Supporters Debian 10 Configuration

  • From: Ramon Grutschnig <address@concealed>
  • To: address@concealed
  • Subject: [sympa-users] Dear Sympa Supporters Debian 10 Configuration
  • Date: Thu, 12 Nov 2020 14:23:17 +0100

Hello Together

We have an old Debian 6.0.10 Server running with postfix and sympa installed and configured.

This is our main internal Mailserver which sends all Mails to another relay Mailserver.

Sympa Version: 6.0.1

Postfix Version: 2.7.1

On our old server everything works. I send an email from antoher server (lvsdocker) to our internal Mailserver. The Mailserver takes this E-Mail,
compares it with sympas maillist and forwards them to our relay server. Done.

You can see the logs from the old server in attached in this mail (sympa_old_server.log)

Important: Mails to our relay server (smtp-appl.tld[10.1.183.3]:25) need to be from the sender address address@concealed. Otherwise they will be rejected.

Now I need to setup everything as before on Debian 10 with a newer version of sympa (official Version in Debian repository).

Sympa Version: 6.2.40

Postfix Version: 3.4.14

I generated the sympa alias file and saved it under /etc/mail/sympa/aliases

In Postfix main.cf I added this file for alias maps.

When I try to do the same thing on our new server. With my testlist, it doesen't work. See log sympa_new_server.log.

The relay server rejects the mails because they are from an non authorized IP-Address and wrong sender. What am I doing wrong?

Also there are a lot more things going on in the logs. On the old server it goes directly to the relay server.

Probably I don't understand sympa fully and maybe someone knows a solution…

Thank you in advance. Really appreciate it.

Dear regards
Ramon

PNG image

  • [sympa-users] Dear Sympa Supporters Debian 10 Configuration, Ramon Grutschnig, 11/12/2020