en - Re: [sympa-users] wwsympa service problem

  • From: "Stefan Hornburg (Racke)" <address@concealed>
  • To: address@concealed
  • Subject: Re: [sympa-users] wwsympa service problem
  • Date: Sun, 23 Aug 2020 19:30:50 +0200

On 8/23/20 3:48 PM, Christian Stalberg wrote:
> Running Debian 10, Sympa 6.2.56 & Mysql 8.13-1
>
> I placed wwsympa.service in /lib/systemd/system
>
> /etc/init.d# update-rc.d wwsympa defaults

That's a command for SysV init scripts, not for systemd units.

After adding an unit file for a service you run the following commands:

systemctl daemon-reload
systemctl enable wwsympa.service
systemctl start wwsympa.service

> However now when I try and enable the service I get an error
>
> /etc/init.d# systemctl enable wwsympa.service
> Synchronizing state of wwsympa.service with SysV service script with
> /lib/systemd/systemd-sysv-install.
> Executing: /lib/systemd/systemd-sysv-install enable wwsympa
> update-rc.d: error: wwsympa Default-Start contains no runlevels, aborting.
> /etc/init.d# ls -l /etc/rc?.d/*wwsympa
> ls: cannot access '/etc/rc?.d/*wwsympa': No such file or directory
>

> What am I doing wrong?

Try

systemctl cat wwsympa.service

to find out what systemd knows about your unit.

Regards
Racke

Debian and Sympa administration. Provisioning with Ansible.