en - Re: [sympa-users] Mass replace email addresses

  • From: "Stefan Hornburg (Racke)" <address@concealed>
  • To: address@concealed
  • Subject: Re: [sympa-users] Mass replace email addresses
  • Date: Mon, 27 Jul 2020 17:24:37 +0200

On 7/27/20 4:16 PM, Colas Nahaboo wrote:
> When I had to do it, I opted for a simple approach:
> I did:
>
> * a global command line search / replace (sed...) in the config files,
> * I dumped the mysql database in text form (mysqldump --opt
> --skip-extended-insert  --skip-dump-date)
> * I replaced the emails in the dump with the same commands as for the
> config files
> * I reloaded the modified dump
>
> Note that will not change the emails in the archives.
> Using search/replace in text files makes checking and debugging easier in
> my opinion.
>
> Colas.

My two cents on that:

* recent Sympa releases don't use owners in the list configuration files
anymore
* take a look at "Dump files" at
https://sympa-community.github.io/manual/customize/basics-list-config.html

The latter might be safer than manipulate database dumps :-).

Regards
Racke

> On Mon, 27 Jul 2020 at 12:41, Dick Visser <address@concealed
> <mailto:address@concealed>> wrote:
>
> Hi
>
> I'm looking for a way to do a mass search/replace of mail addresses in
> Sympa.
> We have a large number of mail addresses that need changing, most of
> them subscribers to lists, but also a number of owners.
>
> thx!
>
> --
> Dick Visser
> Trust & Identity Service Operations Manager
> GÉANT
>

> --
> Colas Nahaboo - http://colas.nahaboo.net

Debian and Sympa administration. Provisioning with Ansible.