en - [sympa-users] Rejection of duplicate emails

  • From: Steve Fisher <address@concealed>
  • To: address@concealed
  • Subject: [sympa-users] Rejection of duplicate emails
  • Date: Mon, 15 Jun 2020 11:47:15 +0100

Hi,

Is there an option to delete duplicate emails. Mailman has the "nodupes" option which avoids forwarding to people mentioned in the to:, cc: or bcc: fields. Most of the time it does not matter because mailboxes tend to ignore emails arriving with a duplicate message-id however we have one user for which this is not the case. I have the reply to address set to "all" which I see results in no reply-to header being generated but I think it relies on the receiver's mail client to work out what to do with the from: and to: fields when replying.

Steve

  • [sympa-users] Rejection of duplicate emails, Steve Fisher, 06/15/2020