en - Re: [sympa-users] Sympa Epel Repo

  • From: Xavier Bachelot <address@concealed>
  • To: Mateusz Krawczyk <address@concealed>, address@concealed
  • Subject: Re: [sympa-users] Sympa Epel Repo
  • Date: Thu, 4 Jun 2020 12:31:15 +0200

On 6/3/20 9:10 AM, Mateusz Krawczyk wrote:
Hello,

I would like to ask what is the publishing cycle for Sympa in Epel repository (CentOS 7) ?
Latest Sympa 6.2.56 was released on 2020-05-24 and in Epel repo we still have version 6.2.54-1 published 2020-03-02.

Mateusz Krawczyk

Hi Mateusz,

sympa in EPEL repo follows the same policy as every package from EPEL.
The package lives in epel-testing repo for 14 days before being pushed to epel stable. sympa 6.2.56 is thus still in epel-testing and can be installed from there.
If one wants to speed things up, one can test the package from epel-testing and provide positive karma (or negative, should the updated package be buggy, indeed).

Same for the Fedora packages, but the package stays in updates-testing for 7 days only. Karma can speed things up too.

EL6: https://bodhi.fedoraproject.org/updates/FEDORA-EPEL-2020-ffaa79c364
EL7: https://bodhi.fedoraproject.org/updates/FEDORA-EPEL-2020-05b9f2eac5
F31: https://bodhi.fedoraproject.org/updates/FEDORA-2020-9b6c969aac
F32: https://bodhi.fedoraproject.org/updates/FEDORA-2020-d767d9077b