en - Re: [sympa-users] Installation on Centos with MariaDB and Postfix (Single Domain)

  • From: "Stefan Hornburg (Racke)" <address@concealed>
  • To: address@concealed
  • Subject: Re: [sympa-users] Installation on Centos with MariaDB and Postfix (Single Domain)
  • Date: Wed, 27 May 2020 20:01:33 +0200

On 5/27/20 4:57 PM, Steve Fisher wrote:
> Hi,
>
> https://sympa-community.github.io/manual/install/configure-mail-server-postfix.html
>   mentions a number of environment
> variables. $LIBEXDIR and $SYSCONFDIR are fairly obvious but near the bottom
> is a file $SENDMAIL_ALIASES. It may not
> matter where this file goes as it is mentioned in the main.cf
> <http://main.cf> file. Is it expected to have a specific
> location and is anything recommended please.

The locations are variable as they differ by installation method and
distribution, see
https://sympa-community.github.io/manual/layout.html for the actual
recommended values.

> I see that main.cf <http://main.cf> and master.cf <http://master.cf> are
> both to be found in /etc/postfix and in
> /usr/libexec/postfix/
> which should be edited?

The canonical location for configuration files is /etc. I always install
etckeeper to automatically keep track of
changes in this directory, it is really a useful tool.

Regards
Racke

> Thanks
> Steve

Debian and Sympa administration. Provisioning with Ansible.