en - Re: [sympa-users] Profiling wwsympa bad performances and our findings

  • From: Olivier Salaün <address@concealed>
  • To: address@concealed
  • Subject: Re: [sympa-users] Profiling wwsympa bad performances and our findings
  • Date: Mon, 4 May 2020 13:41:35 +0200

Hi Stefan,

Thank you for your quick feedback :-)

Le 04/05/2020 à 12:27, Stefan Hornburg (Racke) a écrit :
On 5/4/20 11:33 AM, Olivier Salaün wrote:
Hello,

I wish to summarize here the results of our investigation to understand the
origin of very bad performances of wwsympa
in our production server (Sympa 6.2.48).

[...]
Hello Olivier,

thanks a lot for your report. This is certainly a sore point in the usability
of the web interface, so improvements
there would be much appreciated.

Comments:

#1 This patch looks good to me, so it would be good to run tests on it and
merge it when we are satisfied with
the result.

I did some tests to ensure this patch does not prevent param_constraint checking while instantiating, modifying, adding lists to families. My tests (based on Test::BDD::Cucumber) are public on https://github.com/salaun-urennes1/sympa-functional-tests

#5 I think locking is not necessary for compiling the list information.

It probably makes sense to still do a shared lock while reading configuration files to prevent another process that need to write to get an exclusive lock.

But File::NFSLock is probably the culprit: using another more simple and efficient file locking, when NFS is not used, could make us save some processing time.

--
Olivier Salaün
DSI / pôle SI / équipe SNUM