en - [sympa-users] "Web archive quota exceeded for list" even though quota has not been exceeded

  • From: Stephen Jarjoura <address@concealed>
  • To: address@concealed
  • Subject: [sympa-users] "Web archive quota exceeded for list" even though quota has not been exceeded
  • Date: Wed, 29 Apr 2020 14:18:03 -0400

Hello;

We have a list reporting "Web archive quota exceeded for list" and a message wasn't added to the web archive. When I go to investigate, I see that the quota was set to 100000, which the documentation (as well as the UI) reports as "kbytes". So, 100,000 KB =~ 100 MB. When I check the disk usage of that list's web archive, it's only reporting 928 KB.

Snippet from $EXPLDIR/listname/config
archive
quota 100000
period day
web_access private
mail_access listmaster
max_month 1

Disk usage:
$ cd $ARCDIR/listname@domain
$ du -sh
928K    .

There is only a single months (2020-04) worth of archives in $ARCDIR/listname@domain

So, why am I getting this in the log?
Web archive quota exceeded for list Sympa::List <listname@domain>

Stephen A. Jarjoura
Collaborative Services, ITS
Boston College
(e) address@concealed

  • [sympa-users] "Web archive quota exceeded for list" even though quota has not been exceeded, Stephen Jarjoura, 04/29/2020