en - Re: [sympa-users] Error sending to queue executable after upgrade.

  • From: Jason Kania <address@concealed>
  • To: address@concealed, "Stefan Hornburg (Racke)" <address@concealed>
  • Subject: Re: [sympa-users] Error sending to queue executable after upgrade.
  • Date: Wed, 1 Apr 2020 13:43:07 +0000 (UTC)

Thanks for the help! The log_fail_output was not recognized by my version of exim4, but the missing sympa permissions were the issue for those who might hit the same issue. Adding user = sympa and group = sympa resolved it.

On Wednesday, April 1, 2020, 01:13:49 a.m. EDT, Stefan Hornburg (Racke) <address@concealed> wrote:

On 4/1/20 2:44 AM, Jason Kania (via sympa-users Mailing List) wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I upgraded to a later version of sympa for my distro (6.2.16) and now I am having problems when sending to the list
> alias. I get the following error in exim4:
>
> 2020-03-31 10:12:49 1jJQzw-0008Nw-Vj ** | /usr/lib/sympa/bin/queue address@concealed <address@concealed> R=vdom_aliases
> T=address_pipe: Child process of address_pipe transport returned 255 (could mean shell command ended by signal 127
> (Unknown signal 127)) from command: /usr/lib/sympa/bin/queue
>
> Is the text "<address@concealed> R=vdom_aliases T=address_pipe" a set of additional parameters that exim4 is adding or
> simply logging output?

R is the router and T is the transport.

I'm using the following router for the list aliases:

vdom_aliases:
      driver = redirect
      allow_defer
      allow_fail
      domains = dsearch;/etc/exim4/virtual
      data = "${expand:${lookup{$local_part}lsearch*@{/etc/exim4/virtual/$domain}}}      retry_use_local_part
      user = sympa
      group = sympa
      pipe_transport  = address_pipe
      file_transport  = address_file
      no_more

You can get more information about the error by adding "log_fail_output" to the transport definition.

Regards
          Racke

> Is there a way to debug the /usr/lib/sympa/bin/queue program? When I run queue directly and cat a message into queue, it
> works fine.
>
> If I use tee instead of queue, there is no error:
>
> 2020-03-31 20:02:25 1jJQpt-000808-Bm => | /usr/bin/tee /tmp/address@concealed <address@concealed> R=vdom_aliases
> T=address_pipe
> 2020-03-31 20:02:25 1jJQpt-000808-Bm Completed
>
> Any suggestions much appreciated,
>
> Jason

Debian and Sympa administration. Provisioning with Ansible.