en - Re: [sympa-users] LDAP with SYMPA

  • From: "Stefan Hornburg (Racke)" <address@concealed>
  • To: address@concealed
  • Subject: Re: [sympa-users] LDAP with SYMPA
  • Date: Thu, 31 Oct 2019 19:28:16 +0100

On 10/31/19 8:16 PM, Pinson, Brian wrote:
> Good Afternoon Everyone!
>
> New to Sympa here. So far so good!
>

> I just wanted to ask if anyone has successfully deployed LDAP with SYMPA?
> The documentation I found online doesn’t seem
> to be working for me.

Hello Brian,

we did a Sympa integration with LDAP/AD for an university Leipzig a few years
ago.

Features included:

- LDAP authentication
- Synchronize subscribers with LDAP
- Automatic creation of mailing lists based on groups in LDAP

So it is certainly possible to deploy LDAP with Sympa. The first step would
be setup the LDAP authentication
in the auth.conf file.

Regards
Racke

> Much appreciated!
>

> Thanks,
>
> *Brian Pinson*
>
> /Server Engineer | Information Services/

Debian and Sympa administration. Provisioning with Ansible.