en - Re: [sympa-users] adding html to the footer?

  • From: Steve Shipway <address@concealed>
  • To: address@concealed
  • Subject: Re: [sympa-users] adding html to the footer?
  • Date: Tue, 26 Feb 2019 11:49:49 +1300

Yes, I think you can do this, but it is awkward.  For a start, Sympa usually adds a footer as a text/plain MIME section onto the end inside a multipart/mixed container.  You need to add something that is text/html instead...

If I remember correctly, you can create a footer.mime definition that includes the MIME headers.  You can make a MIME wrapper of multipart/alternative that contains a text/plain and a text/html.  In both cases, put a content-disposition:inline even though this is not supported by many mail clients.  You can then get an HTML footer added, or a text footer if HTML is not supported, and if the mail client supports it, it will display inline (otherwise it will be an attachment).

Steve