en - Re: [sympa-users] about sympa migration (version and server)

  • From: "stefano.antonelli@cnaf" <address@concealed>
  • To: address@concealed
  • Subject: Re: [sympa-users] about sympa migration (version and server)
  • Date: Tue, 17 Jul 2018 12:49:44 +0200

Dear All,

sorry, a short update; I manage to restore owner/s of the list by selecting from the config file of the 6.2.9 sympa list the section

###
owner
email address@concealed
profile privileged
reception mail
visibility noconceal
gecos First Name

owner
email address@concealed
profile privileged
reception mail
visibility noconceal
gecos Second Name
###

and copying this in a owner.dump file under list_data/virtual_domain/copied_list on sympa 6.2.34 in this way

###
date 1531822653
email address@concealed
profile privileged
reception mail
visibility noconceal
gecos First Name

date 1414414063
email address@concealed
profile privileged
reception mail
visibility noconceal
gecos Second Name
###

then restoring the file

sympa.pl --restore_users --list="copied_list@virtual_domain" --role="owner"

and restarting sympa, wwsypma, httpd, mariadb (I don't know if it's necessary restarting all the services?)

in the admin_table, the dates inserted in the owner.dump are the field date_epoch_domain

My question: it seems to be a way to do it; is it the only? Are there faster mode to do it. I think it could be hard doing it for thousand of lists (at the moment I've not thought to a possible way of scripting it)

thank you
cheers
stefano