en - Re: [sympa-users] Email header configuration

  • From: Erik Olson <address@concealed>
  • To: address@concealed
  • Subject: Re: [sympa-users] Email header configuration
  • Date: Wed, 6 Jun 2018 09:55:38 -0700

So I realize this is a bit late in the thread, but I thought I'd give a reply as there might be a bug.

I initially set the DMARC Protection on my lists to "Policy suggests rejection".  After a bit, I got some complaints from a few users that they weren't getting posts to the list.  So I changed the setting to "Policy suggests quarantine".  I have no idea if it worked for these users or not, but I left the setting.  It has been with THIS setting we get gmail rewrites.

_dmarc.gmail.com.       600     IN      TXT     "v=DMARC1; p=none; sp=quarantine; rua=mailto:address@concealed"

It's true that gmail's policy is none, but gmail's subdomain policy is quarantine.  Does this mean that Sympa's DMARC algorithm is not distinguishing between whether the e-mail comes from "address@concealed" and "address@concealed" in deciding whether to do a rewrite? Would this be considered a bug or a feature?

  - Erik

PS: Would be interested in checking out your passive-aggressive shim, and curious how well the progress is coming on ARC in general.