en - Re: [sympa-users] Has Sympa GDPR ready subscription function?

  • From: Matt Taggart <address@concealed>
  • To: address@concealed
  • Subject: Re: [sympa-users] Has Sympa GDPR ready subscription function?
  • Date: Thu, 24 May 2018 16:42:21 -0700

On 05/20/2018 04:46 PM, address@concealed wrote:
[snip]
> Of course, I can ask to my software guy to code something like this for our
> lists, but as this is required for all the lists arround the world with at
> least one European subscriber, wouldn't it not be easyier to ad this kind of
> GDPR check boxes to Sympa once for all?

Some other questions wrt GDPR compliance on a public sympa instance:

* Are list admins allowed to "add" subscribers to their lists or only
"invite"?
* The list admin interface has an area for adding a single subscriber
and also multiple add. If I want to restrict "add" to listmaster those
are still shown (and possibly still work?) for list admins but they
shouldn't be.
* Is there a way in the list admin web interface to "invite"? (I know it
exists in the mail interface)
* Should other subscribers be allowed to "review" the list of
subscribers? I can understand why this should be off for large
newsletter lists, but I definitely know of small lists where everyone on
the list wants the ability to do this. Maybe subscribers to lists with
"review" enabled would need to opt-in? But then "review" shouldn't ever
be adjusted? This sounds like a nightmare to manage....

--
Matt Taggart
address@concealed