en - Re: [sympa-users] Add message footer to ALL lists

  • From: micah <address@concealed>
  • To: Dimitris Maniadakis <address@concealed>, Chaniadimitris <address@concealed>
  • Subject: Re: [sympa-users] Add message footer to ALL lists
  • Date: Thu, 22 Mar 2018 10:29:04 -0400

"Dimitris Maniadakis" (via sympa-users Mailing List)
<address@concealed> writes:

> As a listmaster I would like to add a message footer to all lists
> (globally) in my sympa.For example, a link to the list homepage.I want it
> ot be defined by the listmaster and not by each list owner separately.
> Is that possible, and how?

We couldn't find a way to do this, so we did it in a hackish way, we ran
something like the following, and then set it up in a cronjob to run
once a day:

#!/bin/bash

find /home/sympa/expl -maxdepth 1 -type d -print0 | while IFS= read -r -d ''
list; do
listname=$(basename "$list")
if [ ! -f "${list}/message.footer" ]
then