en - [sympa-users] Creating a Test environment from Production Clone

  • From: Pat Allen <address@concealed>
  • To: address@concealed
  • Subject: [sympa-users] Creating a Test environment from Production Clone
  • Date: Tue, 20 Feb 2018 21:53:47 +0000 (GMT)

Hi everyone,

I've been happily running Sympa 6.1.3 for the last seven years and it's been rock solid. But it's time to upgrade and I want to take a clone of our production server and put it in our test lab and upgrade that first.

Our test lab is behind a firewall so that it can't interfere with the real world (I know, famous last words...) but we still try to keep everything logically separate as well.  For example, all the domain names are different in the test lab. For example, all email addresses in our production domain are "@domain.com" whereas the test domain is "@test.domain.com".  The Sympa server itself is part of internal.domain.com Windows domain in production but, again, is part of test.domain.com in the test lab.

Is there  any documentation anywhere for taking a production Sympa environment and cloning it to a test environment? Or for taking a production server and updating domains and email addresses when an acquisition occurs? I can see what needs to change in the config file but I'm lost when it comes to the database.

Thanks!
Pat

Pat Allen (address@concealed)
Monterey Bay Aquarium Research Institute (MBARI)
7700 Sandholdt Rd, Moss Landing, CA 95039
(voice) 831-775-1724; (fax) 831-775-1652

  • [sympa-users] Creating a Test environment from Production Clone, Pat Allen, 02/20/2018