en - Re: [sympa-users] Can??tauthenticate to windows active directory

  • From: Marco Gaiarin <address@concealed>
  • To: Hanno van den Boogaard <address@concealed>
  • Cc: address@concealed
  • Subject: Re: [sympa-users] Can??tauthenticate to windows active directory
  • Date: Mon, 19 Feb 2018 21:12:18 +0100

Mandi! Hanno van den Boogaard
In chel di` si favelave...

> in our DEV Environment ldapsearch -x -h host-01.de.domain.com -p 389 -D
> ???address@concealed" -W -b "cn=Users,dc=de,dc=domain,dc=com" -s
> sub "(cn=*)" cn mail sn
> and other applications using ldap are working with ldap on Port 389.
> I realize that for a live environment, ldaps is preferable.

AD uses TLS, in port 389. So, practically, it is the same. AFAIK.

PS: if you try to access port 389 forcibly disabling TLS, AFAIK you get an
error 'NO SECIRITY' or something like this.

--
Don't be tempted by the shiny apple, don't you eat of a bitter fruit,
hunger only for a taste of justice, hunger only for a world of truth,