en - [sympa-users] Attachments removed from messages

  • From: <address@concealed>
  • To: address@concealed
  • Subject: [sympa-users] Attachments removed from messages

We are running Sympa 6.2.22, though this problem started before the latest
upgrade. Users have reported to us that some of the attachments being sent to
their mailing lists are being mysteriously removed from the message the
subscribers receive. The same thing can happen with inline images.

We have a large number (several thousand) of mailing lists and the problem
seems to affect different lists at random. Also, if the missing attachment is
re-sent to the same list a few minutes later, it will usually be delivered, so
it's very hard for us to reproduce. When viewing the Archive for that mailing
list, the attachment is there. We have compared the Exim MTA logs (running on
the Sympa server) and can see the size of the outgoing message is much smaller
than the one that arrives - so it is not some external system removing the
attachments.

I wonder if anyone has experienced this issue or has any suggestions?

Thanks,
Xand

--
Xand Meaden | Server Infrastructure Officer
IT Development, Information Services, University of Kent

www.kent.ac.uk/itservices | @UnikentUnseenIT