en - Re: [sympa-users] Mass Closing LIsts

  • From: Chris Peck <address@concealed>
  • To: Matt Taggart <address@concealed>, "DeAngelis, Alana M" <address@concealed>
  • Cc: "address@concealed" <address@concealed>
  • Subject: Re: [sympa-users] Mass Closing LIsts
  • Date: Mon, 07 Aug 2017 15:27:21 +0000

We have a perl script that generates a list of 'inactive' lists based on when it was last used. We feed that into a shell script the will either close or purge the lists.
to close a list = sympa.pl --close_list listname
to purge (remove) a list = sympa.pl --purge_list listname

On Mon, Aug 7, 2017 at 10:17 AM Matt Taggart <address@concealed> wrote:
* DeAngelis, Alana M <address@concealed> [2017-08-07 02:52-0700]:
> I am curious if there is a way to mass close lists.  We are working on
> some Sympa Care-and-Feeding efforts, and I was just curious if there
> was an "easy button" to do this.

We use the command-line option in a shell script loop:

  sympa.pl --close_list $list@$domain

That only disables the list though, so we also have a script for lists
that have been closed a while that moves things out of expl/ and arc/
to storage on another server (and eventually that's cleaned up too).

--
Matt Taggart
address@concealed