en - [sympa-users] sympa.conf override defaults for robots

  • From: "McLaren, Terrence M" <address@concealed>
  • To: "address@concealed" <address@concealed>
  • Subject: [sympa-users] sympa.conf override defaults for robots
  • Date: Mon, 7 Aug 2017 18:21:54 +0000

We host a number of robots on our server and all default setting are set in sympa.conf.  I have on group that wants to turn merge_feature off so  I thought I could override it with a sympa.conf in the robot’s etc directory defining the new setting:

# merge_feature on|off - required to allow system params in the header and footer

merge_feature off

I restarted the server but the setting had no effect.  I then tried to add it to robot.conf, restarted the server and it threw errors:

Starting module sympa.pl: load robots config: unknown keyword merge_feature

success

Starting module bulk.pl: load robots config: unknown keyword merge_feature

success

Starting module archived.pl: load robots config: unknown keyword merge_feature

success

Starting module bounced.pl: load robots config: unknown keyword merge_feature

success

Starting module task_manager.pl: load robots config: unknown keyword merge_feature

success

How does one override default server settings for a robot in v6.1.23?

Thank you,

-Terry McLaren