en - Re: [sympa-users] list name size limit?

  • From: Matt Taggart <address@concealed>
  • To: "McLaren, Terrence M" <address@concealed>
  • Cc: "address@concealed" <address@concealed>
  • Subject: Re: [sympa-users] list name size limit?
  • Date: Mon, 7 Aug 2017 05:28:03 -0700

* McLaren, Terrence M <address@concealed> [2017-08-02 09:40-0700]:
> Does Sympa impose a list name size limit? I have someone trying to
> create a list that 58 characters long and the server is throwing an error.

I have seen this too.

> IETF defines the max size for an email userid as 256 chars.
> Any insight would be helpful,

Soji answered already how to adjust it, but here's a query to find the
longest ones. I think in the past it might not have thrown an error on
long names and just truncated them, we had to clean up some at one
point.

SELECT LENGTH(name_list) as name_len, name_list FROM list_table \
ORDER BY name_len DESC LIMIT 10;

--
Matt Taggart
address@concealed