en - Re: [sympa-users] subscribe a list to another list

  • From: Steve Shipway <address@concealed>
  • To: address@concealed
  • Subject: Re: [sympa-users] subscribe a list to another list
  • Date: Tue, 4 Jul 2017 08:27:33 +1200

In general, when using Sympa you should not subscribe one list to another (chaining lists).  Instead, use Sympa's "include list" feature to include the membership of the sublist to the main list.  This then allows the people to unsubscribe or pause membership of one list independently of the other, and prevent 'double tagging' in the subject line.

Use subscribe/unsubscribe scenari to control membership.

Older software (eg, mailman) could not do this, so chaining lists was the only way, but Sympa has more features.

Steve