en - Re: [sympa-users] how to limit the ability to request a new list

  • From: Etienne MELEARD <address@concealed>
  • To: address@concealed
  • Subject: Re: [sympa-users] how to limit the ability to request a new list
  • Date: Wed, 17 May 2017 09:37:54 +0200

Hi,

It is indeed done using scenario !

First create a list to hold allowed users (address@concealed hereafter).

Then create a scenario in /<your_sympa_location>/etc/your.domain/scenari/create_list.members-of-some-list (may have to create scenari directory) :

title.en Only members of some-list

is_subscriber('address@concealed',[sender]) smtp,dkim,md5,smime -> do_it
true() smtp,md5,smime -> reject

Then set sympa config to

create_list members-of-some-list

This should do it !

*Etienne MELEARD*
Etudes et Projets Applicatifs
Tél : +33 2 23 23 53 68
www.renater.fr <http://www.renater.fr>
GIP RENATER - antenne de Rennes
c/o CRI Campus de Beaulieu, Bat 12 D
263, Avenue du Gal Leclerc CS 74205
35042 RENNES Cedex

Le 17/05/2017 à 01:29, Ashley Jones a écrit :
Hi there!

I'm trying to set up Sympa 6.2.16 to allow only a specific group of
users to requests new lists and not anonymous users or subscribers. I
have "create_list" set to intranet now:

$ sudo grep create_list /etc/sympa/sympa/sympa.conf
create_list intranet

I changed this from "public_listmaster" which allows any one defined in
"listmaster" in sympa.conf to request and create a new list. However,
no one else can request a list now. In my adventures to RTFM, I see
"create_list" is described as using an Authorization Scenario:

https://www.sympa.org/manual_6.2/conf-parameters/part1#create_list

However, after diving into auth scenarios I didn't actually see mention
how A) how to define the permission to request a new list and B) how to
assign users to this scenario:

https://www.sympa.org/manual/authorization-scenarios#authorization_scenarios

How would I go about allowing a collection of users to requests lists
which listmasters get prompted to approve with out giving them any more
permissions? I do not want to add them to "listmaster"

much thanks!

-adj