en - Re: [sympa-users] What is the purpose of this line: Sender: LISTNAME-request@SYMPA-SERVER-NAME

  • From: eminmn <address@concealed>
  • To: address@concealed
  • Subject: Re: [sympa-users] What is the purpose of this line: Sender: LISTNAME-request@SYMPA-SERVER-NAME
  • Date: Fri, 20 Jan 2017 09:07:39 -0600

On 1/20/2017 08:26, Stephane Ascoet wrote:
Le 20/01/2017 14:51, eminmn a écrit :
Thanks, Steve and Stephane. I have been study some of email headers
lately and am confused by the great variety of tags (cc: user-agent:
etc.) that seem to be present or absent without rhyme or reason. Do
different mail clients show different information by default?

Yes if you use an option like "display mail headers", no if you look in the source of the mail.

Thanks, Stephane. As an experiment in Thunderbird's about.config I set the following

mailnews.headers.showMessageld user set boolean true
mailnews.headers.showOrganization user set boolean true
mailnews.headers.showReferences user set boolean true
mailnews.headers.showSender user set boolean true
mailnews.headers.showUserAgent user set boolean true

but after doing that I didn't see any differences in email source view. In fact UserAgent: was there when that setting had been 'false.'

Anyway, since I have the attention of a couple of you who may be able to shed some light on the workings of Sympa, I have one further question about email format. The most useful setting for me has been:

This gives the dynamic word-wrap of a normal text window but can produce very long lines when viewed via the archive powered by MHonArc 2.6.19. Is there some way of forcing a re-wrap of the email display viewed in the Sympa archive?

Thanks in advance for any help,
Ed