en - Re: [sympa-users] How to change the name of a sympa robot domain ?

  • From: Germes Odile <address@concealed>
  • To: John Levine <address@concealed>
  • Cc: address@concealed
  • Subject: Re: [sympa-users] How to change the name of a sympa robot domain ?
  • Date: Mon, 12 Sep 2016 22:07:35 +0200

Hello,

I had to do the same a few months ago.
I prefered to create a new robot for the new domain and then migrate lists one by one calling sympa.pl commands like this one :

sympa.pl --address@concealed --new_listname=testodilegermesubl --new_listrobot=listes.u-bretagneloire.fr

O. Germes.

Le lun., 12 sept. 2016, John Levine <address@concealed> a écrit :

I'm getting the impression that I am the first person ever to rename a
robot domain.  That seems hard to believe.  Really?

In article <address@concealed">address@concealed> you write:

One of the organizations for whom I provide mail service has decided to rebrand itself,
so I want to rename its robot from (approximately) lists.abc.net to lists.xyz.org.

Doing the mail transition is easy -- I just point the new domain's
mail at the existing I have set up, and it works.  But I want the web
site and everything else to change, too.

It looks like I'd have to go in and find all of the file and directory
names and rename them, and go into the database and change all of the
robot_* fields in the tables.  Ugh.  Is there by any chance a canned scriptto do this?

Germes Odile - address@concealed