en - [sympa-users] upgrading 6.1.22 to 6.2.16

  • From: Gerard Ranke <address@concealed>
  • To: address@concealed
  • Subject: [sympa-users] upgrading 6.1.22 to 6.2.16
  • Date: Fri, 9 Sep 2016 16:16:03 +0200

Dear Sympa users,

I'm in the process of moving our sympa lists to a new machine, and
upgrading sympa at the same time. So I transferred all our lists and
sympa setup to the new machine, installed 6.2.16, did the configure,
make and make install steps, and ran the various upgrade scripts
mentioned on https://www.sympa.org/faq/upgrade-to-v6.2.
Everything seemed to run just fine, including upgrading the mysql
database, but when I try to start sympa it complains:

err main::#234 > Conf::data_structure_uptodate#737 Data structure
(6.1.22) is not uptodate for current release (6.2.16)

But I believe it is up to date! I can see that all the table and fields
modifications are done!

Now, there is file called /home/sympa/etc/data_structure.version, which
reads:

# automatically created file
# you should not modify it
6.1.22

and of course I'm now tempted to modify it... Could it be that the sympa
upgrade scripts just missed this, and that entering the new version
number would solve this? Or am I making this worse that way?
Best regards,

Gerard Ranke