en - Re: [sympa-users] reminder message to only non-data source members?

  • From: Steve Shipway <address@concealed>
  • To: Amos <address@concealed>, "address@concealed >> address@concealed" <address@concealed>
  • Subject: Re: [sympa-users] reminder message to only non-data source members?
  • Date: Tue, 30 Aug 2016 09:22:00 +1200

The only way I can think of doing it is to have a separate filtered list for the purpose.

Given a list 'foo', you can define a new list 'foo.direct' that does a filtered include of list 'foo' (this requires Sympa 6.2!) selecting only the members who do not have 'subscribed' as their source.  Then, carefully customise the monthly reminder template for the 'foo.direct' mailing list so that it actually refers to membership of the 'foo' list rather than to itself.

This seems a bit of a hack really, but I cant think of any other way to achieve it; your suggestion below will of course result in blank messages being sent to non-subscribed members, or error messages in the logs if you wrap the condition around all the headers of the template as well.  I think Sympa is geared up to send messages to all list members, rather than a subset - that's what filtered inheritance is for.

Steve