en - Re: [sympa-users] Sympa bulk.pl cluster

  • From: JOSE MANUEL ROLDAN HERRAIZ <address@concealed>
  • To: address@concealed
  • Subject: Re: [sympa-users] Sympa bulk.pl cluster
  • Date: Thu, 21 Jul 2016 18:15:18 +0200

Hi

So we are migrating from sympa 6.1 to 6.2 and, since we are changing the whole infrastructure, we would like to be able to scalate this service horizontally.
We took a look at the manual Adam linked (   http://www.sympa.org/manual/server_architecture_for_big_services ) but since it's outdated (last update was on 2010) and sometimes confusing ("spools stored in a database") we almost gave up. But this post gave us hope again :-)

I woud like to know if it is feasible to export via NFS and share the spool folder between two servers, both running sympa.pl, wwsympa and bulk.pl processes. The expected behaviour is that when a message is sent to a large list, both of the server's bulk processes could simultaneously take chunks of it and send the mails instead of only the bulk processes from one of the servers.

Also, is there a way to set how many mails each bulk.pl processes each time?

Thank you very much.
José

Quoting IKEDA Soji <address@concealed>:

Adam and folks,