en - Re: [sympa-users] Why the "from field" is always the list name?

  • From: Steve Rich <address@concealed>
  • To: "address@concealed" <address@concealed>
  • Subject: Re: [sympa-users] Why the "from field" is always the list name?
  • Date: Fri, 27 May 2016 12:35:19 +0000

>To make it even worse, the
>DMARC protocol specifies what to do with failing messages, and the default
>is 'drop'.

I don’t know that this part is necessarily true. The policy for messages
that fail dkim or spf is based on what is in DNS. Possible options are none
(very useful for reporting), quarantine (effectively interpreted as put it in
junk), and reject (discard). Some ISPs (I’m looking at you AOL and Yahoo)
have a p=reject set. Interesting note, Google decided that those 2 are kind
of jerks and treat p=reject policies the same as p=quarantine. The messages
still end up in junk, but at least you get the message delivered.

Thanks,
Steve