en - [sympa-users] LDAP queries using variable?

  • From: Dick Visser <address@concealed>
  • To: "address@concealed" <address@concealed>
  • Subject: [sympa-users] LDAP queries using variable?
  • Date: Wed, 30 Mar 2016 18:46:09 +0200

Hi

I'm setting up some lists to use subscribers from LDAP.
There is a directory that hold subscriber information for many groups.
The names of those groups correspond with the name of the mailing
lists that we want to set up.

I got things to work now, so that's good.

The config of my test list has this line below the include_ldap_query:

filter (isMemberOf=GN4Phase1:NAs:GN4-1_NA2)

Instead of manually changing that filter for each lists, I wonder if
it is possible to put some sort of variable in the filter?
That way I can keep the same filter for each lists, which will make
things very easy for admins.

I read https://www.sympa.org/manual_6.3/ldap?s[]=ldap&s[]=query and
there is see some stuff being used like this:

filter1 (&(cn=[% param.0 %])(objectClass=group))

But that page talks about include_ldap_2level_query - which I don't use.

I'm looking for a var that will represent the list name.

Many thanks!!

Dick Visser
GEANT