en - Re: [sympa-users] Can't change language for Sympa on Debian. Why?

  • From: Simone Dal Maso <address@concealed>
  • To: address@concealed
  • Subject: Re: [sympa-users] Can't change language for Sympa on Debian. Why?
  • Date: Fri, 18 Mar 2016 10:59:27 +0100

Thank you, thank you very much!
All fixed!
I have another question... but I open another discussion.
Thank you Alex.

Il 18/03/2016 10:38, Alex ha scritto:
Am 17.03.2016 um 09:45 schrieb address@concealed:
Hello,
I installed Sympa 6.1.23 with apt-get on my Debian Jessie distribution.

My problem is that I'd like to have Sympa in Italian, but I can't change
language.
Some informations for you:
- My debian distribution is in English.
- I opened /etc/sympa/sympa.conf and set this:

supported_lang it
lang it

When I login and go to preferences, I can select only the "it_IT" language,
but the interface is always in English.
Buongiorno,

Check that you have the italian locales installed:
~# dpkg-reconfigure locales:

restart sympa and apache:
~# service sympa restart
~# service apache2 restart

select the language:

Unfortunately, since I see only English, I tried to compile Sympa by myself
no no... era troppo frettolosamente...
This is a debian...

from source, as an alternative, , because the version is newer, so now I
really don't know if the path:
/usr/lib/sympa/locale
was created by the compiled version or by apt-get install version.
Anyway, how can I configure Sympa in order to handle the po italian file?
Why I can't change the language?

Thank you!