en - Re: [sympa-users] Fix for sympa_soap_client.pl.in displaying Hash type (Sympa 6.2.12)

  • From: IKEDA Soji <address@concealed>
  • To: address@concealed
  • Subject: Re: [sympa-users] Fix for sympa_soap_client.pl.in displaying Hash type (Sympa 6.2.12)
  • Date: Thu, 24 Dec 2015 14:24:39 +0900

Hi,

On Mon, 21 Dec 2015 00:55:11 +0000
"Steve Shipway" (via sympa-users Mailing List)
<address@concealed> wrote:

> This make things a bit clearer. I have a feeling I've sent this to someone
> in the past, but not sure who/when.

You told in the past here:

On Wed, 14 Oct 2015 23:12:45 +0000
<address@concealed> wrote:

> The Sympa SOAP call 'getDetails' returns the subscriber details in a HASH,
> rather than an ARRAY of hashes as the 'info' call does. This is perfectly
> valid SOAP format, but.
>

> However the sympa_soap_client.pl utility only checks for a result type of
> ARRAY or SCALAR. Hashes are reported as 'Pb HASH(0xxxxxxxxx)'.
>

> Two ways to fix this -
>
> 1. Make the getDetails call return a single-valued array holding the
> hashref. This is easily done in the SOAP.pm but would break compatibility.
>
> 2. Fix sympa_soap_client.pl to correctly handle HASH return values.
> This is my preferred option as it preserves compatibility, and fixes the
> thing that's broken rather than removing the thing that tickles the bug.

Sorry for leaving this fix for a long time, but I have a question:

Structure of returned value by getDetails would be defined in
sympa.wsdl. How can we add such a definition? (It's pure question.
getDetails has not been defined yet and I don't know how to do it).

IMHO if the option #1 is easier to define than option #2, perhaps
the former may be adopted.

Regards,

--- Soji

--