en - RE: [sympa-users] bulk.pl keeps dying?

  • From: Derek Lofstrom <address@concealed>
  • To: Matt Goebel <address@concealed>, "address@concealed" <address@concealed>
  • Subject: RE: [sympa-users] bulk.pl keeps dying?
  • Date: Mon, 14 Dec 2015 21:36:48 +0000

We're on Sympa 6.2.3 on CentOS 6.7 x64 and we have had the same problem for
the last several months. Haven't been able to nail down any root causes yet
and when I posed the question to this list back in Sept, it sounded like it
wasn't a common thing people were experiencing. Based on data from the logs,
it doesn't appear to be running out of RAM or any other server resources; it
just....dies....sometimes ("sometimes" being every few days, like you). We
have a cron'd script that runs each minute to inspect the status of the
bulk.pl process, and when it detects that it's failed, it starts it back up.
Based on having this running nearly constantly, what we've noticed is this:
when the process is about to die, it doesn't die until it begins processing a
batch of messages, where it will usually die somewhere around half way
through. Unless it's processing something, it never arbitrarily dies on its
own.