en - [sympa-users] Sympa 6.2 and generic_sso question

  • From: "Jahnke-Zumbusch, Dirk" <address@concealed>
  • To: address@concealed
  • Subject: [sympa-users] Sympa 6.2 and generic_sso question
  • Date: Mon, 30 Nov 2015 13:57:42 +0100 (CET)

Hello everybody,

I am trying to set up generic_sso and I am somewhat lost. Even after
reading the manual page about authentication, it is not clear to me
how the flow of GETs and POSTs, cookie setting etc. are, if someone
tries to authenticate.

I would like to use my own CGI-Skript to authenticate users and then
to do some stuff and afterwards come back to SYMPA with the neccessary
information (as I understand stored in HTTP headers), so SYMPA knows,
which user authenticated and what e-mail address belongs to that user.

For now an URL like https://my.server/sympa/sso_login/SERVICE_ID/init
is called. I am able to protect that path with an LDAP login but
setting up some extra form would also be ok. After authenticating
I would like to look up and perhaps transform e-mail addresses,
derive other values and come back to SYMPA.

I would appreciate if you have directions on how to do this or where
to find more information.

Cheers
Dirk

  • [sympa-users] Sympa 6.2 and generic_sso question, Jahnke-Zumbusch, Dirk, 11/30/2015