en - Re: [sympa-users] Password Validation in Sympa.conf

  • From: David Verdin <address@concealed>
  • To: address@concealed
  • Subject: Re: [sympa-users] Password Validation in Sympa.conf
  • Date: Thu, 12 Nov 2015 11:49:34 +0100

It's a brand new feature. I guess very few started using it.
Sorry for not answering your mail,, I was very busy lately. I found it difficult to keep in track with the lsits.

Actually it looks like, under certains circumstances (perl version maybe ?) The BEGIN section requiring the Data::Passwrod module at runtime is ignored.

Requiring it directly in the sub works everywhere. Then using the -cruder - version of the code below seems to fix the problem:

    if ($Conf::Conf{'password_validation'}) {
        require Data::Password;
    }

Please try to add it at the beginning of the password_validation() sub in tools.pm and confirm it fixes the problem. If then , I'll add the fix to next Sympa release.

Cheers,

David