en - RE: [sympa-users] Bad filter creating list with 2 level ldap datasource

  • From: Steve Shipway <address@concealed>
  • To: João E. Pereira Jr <address@concealed>
  • Cc: "address@concealed" <address@concealed>
  • Subject: RE: [sympa-users] Bad filter creating list with 2 level ldap datasource
  • Date: Tue, 20 Oct 2015 20:53:53 +0000

You did not post the actual configuration lines you used, so I'm working
blind, but to guess...

> err List::_include_users_ldap_2level() LDAP search (2nd level) failed :
> Bad filter. Node: (objectClass=ufuMailRecipient) (searching on server
> odie.dr.ufu.br ; suffix dc=ufu,dc=br ; filter
> \28objectClass=ufuMailRecipient\29 ; attrs: mail) err
> List::_load_users_include2() Errors occurred during the second LDAP passe
> err List::sync_include() Errors occurred while synchronizing datasources for
> list: todaufu-l List has been created

This is an error saying the syntax of your LDAP filter is incorrect,
particularly for the second-level filter, filter2.

From the error, it says the filter is: \28objectClass=ufuMailRecipient\29

This sounds as if you have either forgotten to add the brackets around it, or
have edited the config file in a 'helpful' editor which has added fancy
quotes
around it.

A valid 2level query:

include_ldap_2level_query
name ad_group_[% param.0 %]
host uoa.auckland.ac.nz
port 3269
user xxxxxxxxxx
passwd xxxxxxxxx
use_ssl yes
ssl_version tls
suffix1 DC=UoA,DC=auckland,DC=ac,DC=nz
filter1 (&(cn=staff.its)(objectClass=group))
attrs1 member
select1 all
timeout1 60
scope1 sub
suffix2 [attrs1]
filter2 (objectClass=person)
attrs2 mail
select2 first
scope2 base
timeout2 10

Note that filter2 is surrounded in brackets, and has no quotes.

Steve

Steve Shipway
T: +64 9 3737 599 ext 86487
E: address@concealed