en - [sympa-users] Sympa 6.2 posting HTML via web interface and tinymce incorrect MIME type

  • From: Steve Shipway <address@concealed>
  • To: "address@concealed" <address@concealed>
  • Subject: [sympa-users] Sympa 6.2 posting HTML via web interface and tinymce incorrect MIME type
  • Date: Wed, 16 Sep 2015 02:07:29 +0000

Hi everyone –

I’ve just started testing the Sympa 6.2.4 code at our site, with the TinyMCE editor to allow people to post HTML emails via the web pages, and I’ve found a problem which I’m not sure if it is down to my configuration or to Sympa.

If I post an HTML email to the list from my mail client, all works correctly.

If I post via the web interface, using the ‘Post web page’ then this works correctly.

If I create an HTML mail using TinyMCE , then this arrives in raw HTML with the incorrect MIME type ( text/plain )

Is there a setting that needs to be put into place somewhere to make this get the correct MIME type?  Surely this should happen automatically?

Has anyone else managed to get TinyMCE working with Sympa 6.2 and sending correct HTML messages?

Incidentally, in order to make TinyMCE work, I also needed to –

-          Install the language packs

-          Set language to ‘en’ rather than ‘en-US’ as TinyMCE only knows ‘en’

-          Set up an alias for /fonts in apache because the CSS has a bug referring to an absolute path where it should have been relative, breaking the Railway font definition.

Steve

Steve Shipway

Unix Design Team Lead

The University of Auckland

T: +64 9 3737 599 ext 86487

E: address@concealed

(GNU Terry Pratchett)

  • [sympa-users] Sympa 6.2 posting HTML via web interface and tinymce incorrect MIME type, Steve Shipway, 09/16/2015