en - [sympa-users] Postfix newaliases

  • From: Steve Rich <address@concealed>
  • To: "address@concealed" <address@concealed>
  • Subject: [sympa-users] Postfix newaliases
  • Date: Tue, 18 Aug 2015 16:29:43 +0000

I have Sympa 6.2.3 and postfix 2.10.1 installed in a RHEL 7 host and I’m having issues.  I have specified the following in the sympa config:

sendmail_aliases
/etc/postfix/sympa_aliases
aliases_program
postalias
aliases_db_type
Hash

We use ldap for aliasing our primary domain and so when a list is installed, we have a custom alias_manager script that creates an LDAP entry for the list and adds the list aliases to /etc/postfix/sympa_aliases.

For some reason, sympa is not rebuilding the database /etc/postfix/sympa_aliases.db when a new list is installed.  The logs don’t indicate that anything is wrong.  When I run the alias_manager.pl script manually like so,

alias_manager.pl add test example.com

I get "newaliases exited with status 255.”

The aliases are appended to /etc/postfix/sympa_aliases but the db is not rebuilt properly.  I would really appreciate some insight on this as it is creating quite a few problems for us.

Thanks,
Steve