en - RE: [sympa-users] "listviewer" instead of "listmaster"?

  • From: Steve Shipway <address@concealed>
  • To: Amos <address@concealed>, "address@concealed >> address@concealed" <address@concealed>
  • Subject: RE: [sympa-users] "listviewer" instead of "listmaster"?
  • Date: Mon, 13 Jul 2015 18:52:43 +0000

There is a way to achieve this using appropriate scenari for the 'review' action.

1. Place all your service desk people in a special list (as members).
2. Use external datasources to make the service desk list members into concealed, nomail moderators of the various lists (add it to the templates, use a script to add it to all the existing lists)
3. Grant list membership administration to the moderators of the list (use 'review' priv).  You can allow add/del/view separately.

Alternatively, you can do it with custom scenari.

1. Place the service desk people addresses into a special list (or have them in LDAP if you use that)
2. Set up a custom scenario for 'review' -- who can review list membership -- that also allows the servicedesk people, either via the special list or via LDAP.  THis will allow them to view list membership.
3.  If you want, also use a custom scenario to let them add/remove members as well, or to view lists.
4.  Make the various lists use these custom scenari for review/add/del.  If you change the config files externally via a script make sure you recompile them.

The second is more elegant, and avoid having large numbers of hidden list moderators, but requires a fair number of custom scenari, and lookups.  The first is the one we use is departmental cases (for various reasons)

Steve

Steve Shipway
University of Auckland ITS
UNIX Systems Design Lead