en - [sympa-users] reject_report_msg fails for messages that exceed max file size

  • From: "McLaren, Terrence M" <address@concealed>
  • To: "address@concealed" <address@concealed>
  • Subject: [sympa-users] reject_report_msg fails for messages that exceed max file size
  • Date: Tue, 2 Jun 2015 21:37:17 +0000

We’re noticing the reply message from Sympa to the user fails to be sent to postfix when a sender sends an email that exceeds max file size limit.

error : Got a packet bigger than 'max_allowed_packet' bytes

Sympa appears to try to send the message, throws an error and then files the message into the bad/ directory.

--------

err mail::sending() Failed to store message for list blah

err List::send_file() List::send_file, could not send template /sympa/default/mail_tt2/message_report.tt2 to address@concealed

notice report::reject_report_msg() report::reject_report_msg(): Unable to send template 'message_report' to 'address@concealed'

notice Moving bad file address@concealed to bad/

---------

I checked permissions of the template and it has the same permissions as the others tt2 files.

-rw------- 1 sympa sympa  5184 Mar 21  2014 message_report.tt2

I also diffed the file with the distribution(6.1.23 & 6.1.24) and verified they are the same.

Has anyone else notice this behavior?  Any insight or help will be appreciated.

-Terry McLaren

University of Illinois

  • [sympa-users] reject_report_msg fails for messages that exceed max file size, McLaren, Terrence M, 06/02/2015