en - RE: [sympa-users] Implementing a delay on posts from unknown users?

  • From: Steve Shipway <address@concealed>
  • To: "address@concealed" <address@concealed>, "address@concealed" <address@concealed>
  • Subject: RE: [sympa-users] Implementing a delay on posts from unknown users?
  • Date: Sat, 25 Apr 2015 10:00:18 +0000

This isn't really a feature of Sympa, more of your mail gateway.

Our mail gateway (Ironport from Cisco) will allow a lot of control; we can
set up a rule that will catch emails from an external source to mailing
lists, and hold them in a quarantine for a configurable amount of time before
releasing them back in to be re-scanned. We don't do this, though, since the
spam scanning is pretty decent and we use moderation instead on mailing lists
where this is a problem. We can also set up 'modlists' (like blacklists,
but send to moderation q) for certain email senders or regexp matches.

Steve

Steve Shipway
University of Auckland ITS
UNIX Systems Design Lead