en - RE: [sympa-users] Multiple add time limit of 5 minutes?

  • From: Steve Shipway <address@concealed>
  • To: "Tomaschewski-Walser Doris (ID SDL)" <address@concealed>, "address@concealed" <address@concealed>
  • Subject: RE: [sympa-users] Multiple add time limit of 5 minutes?
  • Date: Tue, 21 Apr 2015 22:06:42 +0000

This may not be an issue with Sympa, but a limit on the POST size in your web server, or possibly a timeout issue on the execution.

If using Apache, take a look at the LimitRequestBody setting, which can be set to a maximum of 2GB in most cases (possibly more if you’re using Apache 2.6 and 64bit OS?).  Also, set Timeout to be sufficiently high.

Since Sympa uses mod_fcgid, there are several settings to put there.  Try this construct:

<IfModule mod_fcgid.c>

    IPCCommTimeout 900

    BusyTimeout 900

    MaxRequestLen 102400000

</IfModule>

This will also tune for the request body size, and the upload itmeout.

Finally, consider if the way you are updating the membership is really appropriate.  Maybe you can automate this by either directly inserting the members into the database, or by using an external datasource so that Sympa instead pulls the membership (using HTTP or a database query) from its source?  Or, place the list of members into a local file (using FTP , SCP or similar) so that Sympa can use the file external datasource to read it.

Steve

Steve Shipway

address@concealed

(GNU Terry Pratchett)